Table of Contents
Treatment for toenail and foot fungus with Lunula Cold Laser
At Weil Foot & Ankle Institute, we are dedicated to providing our patients with the industry’s leading and highest quality treatment options. We understand that many of our patients come through our doors experiencing discomfort due to toenail fungus. It is our duty to offer convenient solutions that yield real results!
Lunula Laser is the most advanced model of non-invasive healthcare lasers. Equipped with all of the latest technology from Erchonia Corporation, Lunula targets foot fungus and Onychomycosis.
What is Lunula Laser?
The Erchonia Lunula laser device is a Low-Level Laser Light that is specifically designed for treating onychomycosis – toenail fungus. Lunula Laser is non-thermal so called “Cold Laser” meaning that there is no heat used and therefore there are 0 risks involved with it’s usage. The patient will feel no heat or any sensation from the laser.
Lunula laser is made in the USA and is the 1st and only non-thermal FDA Market Cleared laser device for the temporary increase of clear nail for patients with Onychomycosis.
How does it work?
What are the advantages of Lunula Low Level Laser for the treatment of onychomycosis?
- no chance of developing microbial resistance to this form of treatment
- does not interfere or interact with any systemic medicine
- no chance for liver toxicity
- treatment protocol is painless, ensuring good patient compliance
- no pain during treatment
- no downtime
- unattended treatment
What Patients Should Expect During Laser Treatment
Patients that seek the Lunula Low Level Laser painless toenail and foot fungus treatment should expect the following steps:
- Sit comfortably on the examination chair
- Place the foot in the Lunula Laser
- The laser targets the treatment area on the foot for 12 minutes
- After the treatment there is no downtime nor additional medicine
Non-thermal laser therapy is a safe and effective tool for significantly increasing the extent of clear nail in onychomycosis infected toenails after six months following one weekly treatment for four weeks. Based on these results, this device became the first non-thermal laser to receive FDA 510(k) market clearance for increasing the extent of clear nail in patients with onychomycosis.
More About Erchonia ®
The particular type of laser that we use is created by Erchonia ®, a world leader in low-level laser technology.
Other noteworthy information about Erchonia ®:
- Over 16 FDA clearances
- Most researched and clinically proven results
- No adverse side effects EVER reported
- First company in history to receive clearance for non-invasive lasers
- We want our patients to know that we work with only the leading creators in laser therapy so you can achieve pain-free freedom with the best tools in the industry.
Contact Weil Foot & Ankle Institute
Are you experiencing toenail fungus and prefer a pain free treatment option? Our Lunula Laser is the optimal choice for patients who want to experience relief without medication or complex procedures.
Please note that the Lunula Laser Treatment is currently available in 4 locations in Illinois: Glenview, Mount Prospect, Roselle and Libertyville.
If you’re ready to schedule an appointment, we are happy to help! You can schedule your consultation with our board certified podiatrist Dr. Bongiovanni and Dr. Amarantos that will guide you and help you have beautiful, healthy feet again with Lunula.
Call our office now or simply click the ‘Appointment‘ button.
Meet Weil Foot & Ankle Institute
By: Weil Foot & Ankle Institute, Published: May 20th, 2022
Review By: Lowell Weil Jr., DPM – Jan 19th, 2023