Table of Contents
Our Pediatric Foot Doctors Provide Experienced Pediatric Foot Care
Foot or Ankle Pain
Pain in the feet or ankles can stem from a variety of possible causes that range from genetics to injuries. When you bring your child to Weil Foot & Ankle Care for treatment of pediatric foot pain, ankle pain or leg pain, we won’t just treat the symptoms; we will seek the underlying cause for your child’s pain and work toward a permanent solution whenever possible.
Some common types of pain we treat in our pediatric patients include heel pain in children, shin splints, pain caused by an abnormal gait and painful sports injuries.
If you have concerns about your child’s gait (the way your child walks), then a consultation with one of our foot and ankle Doctors may be in order. Weil Foot & Ankle Care has helped numerous patients with a variety of abnormal gait symptoms, including the following:
- Flat feet
- Toe walking, aka walking on tiptoe
- In-toeing, toes turn inward instead of pointing straight
- Out-toeing, toes turn outward instead of pointing straight
- Lifting leg from the hip instead of the knee when walking
- Uneven weight bearing, limping, or favoring one leg over the other
- Pain while walking
Meet Weil Foot & Ankle Institute
By: Weil Foot & Ankle Institute, Published: May 20th, 2022
Review By: Lowell Weil Jr., DPM – Jan 19th, 2023