Table of Contents
Common Skin Conditions Treated
The skin conditions our podiatrists commonly treat include:
- Dermatitis – inflammation of the skin, possibly from contact with a substance that caused an allergic reaction, such as lotions, poison ivy, or certain medications
- Calluses – thickened areas of skin on the bottom of your feet
- Corns – thickened outer layer of skin on the tops of your toes
- Fungus, or athlete’s foot – often grows between your toes as a result of warm, damp environments like locker rooms or from wearing sweaty socks
- Ingrown toenails – the corner of your toenail becomes embedded in the surrounding skin.
- Warts – caused by a viral infection and can form in clusters if left untreated
- Abscesses –pus deposits under the skin due to a bacterial infection
If you experience or notice early signs of any of these conditions, we urge you to give one of our offices a call today. The quicker we take care of it, the faster your foot will heal.