The board-certified podiatrists at Sacramento Foot and Ankle Center in Davis, Carmichael and Sacramento, California, offer MLS Laser Therapy to provide rapid relief from many different foot and ankle conditions. To learn if you qualify for treatment with the MLS laser, call one of the offices or schedule an appointment online.
MLS Laser Therapy Q & A
What is the MLS Laser?
Lasers can be designed to use different wavelengths of light and pulse rates, qualities that are important because they determine the effect on your body.
Some wavelengths treat the outer skin, specific colors like reddish-purple veins absorb others, and yet others are designed to penetrate deep below the surface. Lasers can be hot enough to perform precise surgery or cool enough to promote healing.
The MLS therapy laser is specially designed to send out pulses of two therapeutic wavelengths. One wavelength reduces inflammation and edema, while the other relieves pain and promotes healing. Both wavelengths safely pass through your skin to reach damaged tissues.
What Benefits Do I Gain from MLS Laser Therapy?
MLS Laser Therapy delivers health benefits, such as:
- Alleviates Pain: The laser’s ability to reduce inflammation and stop nerves from sending pain signals leads to significant pain relief.
- Accelerates Healing: As the laser penetrates deep below the skin’s surface, it boosts energy production inside cells, accelerates cellular growth, and stimulates collagen synthesis.
- Triggers New Blood Vessel Growth: The laser stimulates the regeneration of new blood vessels, which speeds up healing and reduces scar tissue.
What Foot Conditions Can MLS Laser Therapy Treat?
The MLS laser treats a wide range of soft tissue injuries and diseases. Your doctor at Sacramento Foot and Ankle Center may recommend laser therapy for:
- Plantar fasciitis
- Achilles tendonitis
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Tendon and ligament injuries
- Strained muscles and sprained ligaments
What Should I Expect During MLS Laser Therapy Treatment?
Your treatment with MLS Laser Therapy is comfortable and pain-free, with each treatment lasting about eight minutes. The therapeutic effects are cumulative, so you see continued improvement with a series of treatments.
Most patients are treated several times a week, and 85-90% say they can feel a difference after the first three sessions. For optimal results, the average course of treatment is 7-10 sessions.
With today’s advanced MLS Laser Therapy, you can get rapid relief from your foot and ankle pain without any side effects.
To schedule an appointment for MLS Laser Therapy, call Sacramento Foot and Ankle Center or schedule an appointment online.